Artificial intelligence (AI) is a hot topic in the marketing world right now. As one of the key drivers of customer retention, it’s clear that it has huge potential to increase customer loyalty.
A study carried out by Teradata found that 80 per cent of organizations have adopted some form of AI already. Additionally, a report by IBM indicated that, 50 per cent of the brands they surveyed are currently utilizing AI to gain quick access to insights and automate processes and campaigns. The report also states that these companies are keen to embed the technology directly into customer touchpoints.
Read on to discover how AI can help you better understand your customers’ interests, shopping behaviors and leverage this data to drive customer loyalty.
What does AI-based marketing include?
Businesses can now use AI-based marketing to make automated decisions. AI collects data, analyzes it and uses machine learning to continually improve. It also uses predictive analysis when presenting the next best action to customers.
Based on this process, some of the actions include:
- A personalized approach through a targeted email suggesting products/services that are suited to the individual based on the data collected.
- A webpage that showcases products that the customer is most likely to be interested in based on their browsing history, previous chats that detail shipping information for a product that was purchased as well as various other historical data from social media, news, purchase history, feedback and reviews.
Currently, AI and machine learning applications can predict consumer spending trends and behaviors very accurately. This is done by analyzing the customer’s historical data in detail. This means the success rate of a marketing campaign is now heavily reliant on being able to accurately predict customer behavior.
How can AI increase customer loyalty?
Thanks to AI, you can drive customer loyalty in the following ways:
- Simplifying the experience for your customers by anticipating their needs.
- Paying attention to your customers' complaints by listening to them when they’re not satisfied.
- Managing large amounts of data to predict your customers’ shopping habits.
- Enhancing your approach to consumer self-servicing.
- Collecting data to improve your service.
The key is to not pretend that your AI technologies are people. Instead, use the information gathered to streamline and improve the essential services you offer while always keeping your clients and their needs in mind.
It’s safe to say that AI has made its mark in the loyalty space and that it’s here to stay. Get in touch with one of our tech experts today to learn more about how we can help you increase your brand’s customer loyalty with various AI tools and a personalized approach.